Saturday, March 9, 2013

Whining

I grew up in a home with a strict "no whining" policy.  Now I'm faced with the conundrum...how do I instill this habit into a not-yet-two-year-old?  I certainly feel that the "no whining" policy is the way to go, but on the other hand, I understand that sometimes a little guy gets frustrated.

I became a big fan of whining at about 8:30 tonight when I attempted to start my grad class homework on library cataloging using MARC.  HOLY COW I have no earthly idea what I'm doing.  I am not used to feeling like an idiot, but I certainly feel like one now.  I am so frustrated and I really, really just want to whine about how unfair it is to expect this kind of understanding from someone who has no idea about any of this cataloging stuff and how the homework made zero sense and how I just want to throw my books out the window and go to bed.

I got a good amount of feeling frustrated, whining, and even temper tantrum throwing done tonight.  Isn't it funny how God gives us these opportunities to empathize with our kids just when we need them?

No comments:

Post a Comment